Monday, February 18, 2008

Speechless, Part 2

Not that I've found many words to describe my being speechless of late, however, I've had several people ask me to elaborate. I've been concerned about how I was going to cover expenses here in Kansas City, while I was in Ethiopia. Expenses such as rent, utilities, and a few various financial commitments that I have made. This has stressed me out more than raising funds for the trip itself. I had expressed concern to a group of dear friends of mine (who have agreed to journey alongside me in the process of this trip) last week. On Thursday, I opened up my mailbox to find a couple of checks totaling above and beyond what I needed for this summer. Which, needless to say, left me speechless for awhile. And, my friends, if that weren't enough - Over the course of the past 4 days, I have had people approach me to let me know that they wanted to financially give toward my trip. I know that shouldn't be a big deal, but here's why it is: I have yet to send out any letters, and thus far, $500 has been pledged. I found out on Wednesday that my trip budget went up to $3,740 (an increase of $440), and to be honest, I stressed. Not a little, friends. A LOT. An increase like that is HUGE when you are depending on other people to pay for it. And in a matter of 4 days, God was like "yeah? You think that's a big deal? Let me remind you who's in control."

All of that to say this: I think I've gotten confirmation (in more ways than one!) that I'm supposed to be going to Zeway this summer.

No comments: