Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nuggets

As previously posted, I've had many thoughts lately, just not the words to put them into. In the latest edition of Relevant, the founder of the magazine was writing about his vision and plan for creating the magazine, but his words ring true for many of our journeys.

If God puts a dream in you, by all means go for it - but on the journey, don't lose sight of Him. It's easy to get so busy doing things for God that we sometimes lose our relationship with Him.

Always keep tomorrow in mind, but never lose sight of the season God has you in today.

These two things have been standard in the process of my journey to Zeway, though there are times along the road where some air is released from the tires. It's in those times that He reminds me that Zeway isn't about me - it's about Him, and a community of people halfway across the world who need to hear of His love, forgiveness, and grace. I just happen to be one of the people He's asking to go. In those moments where I feel abit deflated, He reminds me that He has put these dreams and desires in me for a purpose, and He has grand things planned - but in His time. I'd rather jump into the next season, but I need to remain where I am in order to get to the next season. I can't get there without being here. I must keep my eyes focused on Him, and where He has me now, and what is to come will come. It's kind of like God's own money back guarantee, only He never has to refund us. And yeah, that's kind of cheesy, but it works. :-)

1 comment:

annaelyse said...

what a GREAT word becky. exactly what my heart needed to hear!!!