Monday, April 28, 2008

Heart Strings

I got a letter today from one of my sponsored children, Sintayehu. He wrote a sweet letter, and drew me a beautiful picture. The thing that struck me was that when he ended his letter, he closed it with "I love you so much!" I can't tell you how that stirred my heart. This little boy has only met me once, and yet his heart is full of love for me. Words can't describe the love that I feel for this child, but I never really thought about his end of it. Being able to meet Sintayehu, and knowing that in 53 days (but who's counting?!) I'm going to get to see him again has been the most incredible, beautiful part of the whole thing. Sitting with him in his house, being able to pray with him, and knowing that I will soon be able to play alongside him - these are life fulfilling moments, my friends. If I could do nothing else after this trip, I'd be absolutely satisfied. (but I'm grateful that I am able to continue the fight for justice for Sintayehu, Masresha, and Burtukan). (if you are interested in sponsoring a child, go to the Food for the Hungry website)

No comments: