Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Flying Time

I leave for Ethiopia one month from today! I can't believe how quickly time has passed - it seems like only yesterday I was sitting in Dunn Bros with our Food for the Hungry rep, expressing my interest in this trip, and wondering if it were even possible. Since then, things have been happening so fast. When I began raising support, the countdown was somewhere around 150 days. Now, 120 days later, life is quickly passing by, and my heart grows more and more excited to live in community with the people of Zeway. There have been times in the past few days where I've sat in utter amazement at the ways God is using this trip, both in my life, and in the lives of friends around me - and it's all happening before the trip. I'm not ready to be back, but I can't wait to see how He continues to use it after it's all over.

No comments: