Sunday, October 5, 2008

Friendships Make the World Go Round

My best friend got married last night. It was beautiful, elegant, and insanely fun! It was great to spend several days before the wedding with her, but I'm back home in Kansas, missing the heck out of California. I've been thinking today about our friendship, and how beautiful it is. About how much I need her around to stabilize my life, to lend an ear to listen, or a shoulder to cry on. This girl knows my insides and my outs and loves me the same. The fact that I can be 100% myself when I'm with her is what truly makes it work so well: when we are together, I have no walls up, no boundaries that can't be crossed, and will go out of my way to make a fool of myself: because I know she is doing the same. I am truly myself with Liz - the person God intended for me to be. This is what true friendships are about - and are the most beautiful treasure when they are found!

No comments: