Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jorge and Jesus

I'm dismissing a 5th grade class today, and we have a few minutes to spare before it's time to go home. I walk over to Jorge, who happens to be one of the funniest kids I know. He asks if we could play Heads Up, 7-Up. I told him there wasn't enough time, but maybe another day. He pulls a picture out of his homework folder, with the head of the person covered by his fingers. He tells me he'll give me the photo if we can play. I tell him that I didn't want a photo of his brother. He pulls back his fingers, and shows me that the photo is of Jesus. He gives me a strange look, and says "Miss Miles, it's not my brother. It's Jesus. He watches out for me." We talk for a second about the photo, and then....THEN, Jorge looks at me with a very serious look on his face, and says this: "Miss Miles, Jesus don't like sports. He can play them, He just don't like 'em."

Seriously. I have NO idea where it came from. But, in case you're wondering if Jesus would like to kick the ball around abit, according to Jorge, the answer is no.

1 comment:

I am Bethany. said...

i love this one.