Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Total Confusion

Today was just like any other - except for the baby shower after school I forgot about. And also forgot to buy a gift for. I decided make a Wal-Mart run during lunch, figuring I had about 45 minutes to get there, figure out something to buy, and get back to school before kids started filing into my room. On the way back to school, I realized I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do with the kids who would be walking into my room in 10 minutes. I got back to school, threw something together, and walked into the hallway to greet my 5th graders. As I entered the hallway, 2 of my kids walked by with their violins. I looked at them strangly, and asked them where they were going (they were walking past my room). Maria looked at me and replied "to strings." I asked them WHY they were going to strings - it was time for them to come to me for reading. Louie (who looked really confused at this point) stopped and said "but Miss Miles. It's WEDNESDAY. We don't HAVE reading today." To which I replied a defeated "oh. that's right."

No comments: