Friday, March 20, 2009

the real meaning of easter

Before leaving Arkansas yesterday, I went to my niece's school and had lunch with her. I was interrogated by little Waverly, who seemed to be quite the inquisitor at the age of 5. Thinking she was just curious about me, I answered her questions, which always seemed to start with "Hey, Becky, guess...." It didn't take long before I got tired of "guessing," and Cristina got tired of whispering the answers in my ear. Waverly turned to Cristina and said "Hey Cristina, ask me some questions." Cristina seemed to like it when the game was in her favor, so she started asking her random questions. One question/answer made me laugh, though. Cristina asked why we celebrated Easter, to which Waverly replied "I don't know. To have Easter?" I'm smiling at this point, because I'm thinking Cristina, being the little church girl she is (not to mention her dad is a youth pastor), is going to whip out some answer about celebrating Jesus at Easter. I laughed when she replied "no, silly. It's to celebrate bunnies."

No comments: