Monday, April 6, 2009

Jasmina's Story

I ran across an article today about a six year old beauty named Jasmina. She has a rare and aggressive form of leukemia. The future of her life is dependent on someone's bone marrow to match with her own. Jasmina's story gripped my heart, and I found myself online at One for Jasmina, a website dedicated to sharing her story, which led me to DKMS, a website that is dedicated to raising awareness for the need of bone marrow donations. The thought struck me that this is something so simple, something that could potentially be life changing for someone who is facing the end of their life. Not to mention a beautiful gift to be able to present to their family. I'm doing research on the procedure that would be done, if I decided to donate, and though I haven't committed 100% to becoming a bone marrow donor, I can tell you that it's close to all I've thought about since reading the article, and seeing her beautiful face. Check out her website, and talk about it with those around you. Though we may not donate, we could at least raise awareness on her behalf.

No comments: