Thursday, May 7, 2009

another grandma story

Tonight, I was on the phone with my mom about an upcoming family trip. As we were getting off, she told me that she needed to tell me something else. Unprepared for what came next, I said okay. The rest of the conversation went as follows:

"Dad and I went to Grandma's tonight to see if she needed anything from the store. She said that she was out of ice cream. When I asked her if she needed anything else, she mentioned that she was also out of cookies. And pork rinds.
"

And if that weren't enough, the story continues on:

"When we got back to Grandma's, Dad asked her if she wanted any ice cream before he put it away. She said she did, so I started scooping it out for her. When I had three scoops in the bowl, I told her to tell me when it was enough. She said she would. When I got to four scoops, she said she thought that would be enough."

So this is where I get my love of ice cream for any meal, and my occasional taste (and craving) for pork rinds. Isn't this what Grandma's are for?!

(My grandma turned 90 this year and doesn't get around as easily as she used to. My parents do her grocery shopping and dinner cooking for her)

No comments: