Sunday, June 28, 2009

finally...I am explained!

About a year ago, my sister became interested in the whole idea of birth order - why we are the way we are, according to the lineage in which we were born. I didn't give it much thought, until my neighbor recently came over to hang a curtain rod for me. When it was up, he asked me where I was in the birth order line up. When I told him I was the youngest, he replied "oh good. You aren't a first born perfectionist." It was his statement that got me interested in this whole birth order thing. I went to the library, checked out a book, and came home to read about "why I am the way I am." I went into it thinking that this was just some way to try to explain away all the reasons we act like we do, but as I started the book, I realized there was something to it: it described my sister and I perfectly, as though the author had done his case study on us. It's really interesting - for a very brief overview of birth order, you can click here. If you want more in depth, hit up the local library for a couple of solid books. I am currently reading Birth Order & You, by Dr. Ronald Richardson. My sister has read The Birth Order Book: Why You Are the Way You Are by Dr. Kevin Leman. Both are great reads - what are you waiting for?!

ps: you can take a look at the website and figure out what my birth order is...see how well you know me!

No comments: