Friday, February 8, 2008

Final Budget

It's here. I received my final budget today for Zeway. And I took a deep breath: the journey into Zeway is just beginning. For those of you that might be interested, here it is:

Dates: June 20-July 16
Minimum Fundraising Amount (MFA): $3,300
Minimum of $2,000 and all trip forms are due by: April 20th
Minimum of $3,300 due by: June 1st

I am excited about beginning the support raising journey. God never ceases to amaze me when it comes to this part. In my past support raising endeavors, the time would come to get the trip financial update, and my stomach would drop, because I would always think my account balance would still be at $0. And every time, I was completely blown away at the faithfulness of God to provide for me in such ways. It shouldn't suprise me, but it always does. EVERY TIME. Once again, I am sitting here, perhaps more nervous than ever, and I am confident in His provisions for this trip. It may not come in ways that I expect or think, but He has used so many of YOU to confirm that this trip is what I'm supposed to be doing this summer, that I have no doubt He will provide. There are times where someone asks if I have big summer plans, and when I reply "I'm spending the summer in Ethiopia," I always smile, because I couldn't imagine anywhere else I'd rather be. Even if it will be the rainy season in East Africa. :-) The process of getting there is going to be simply beautiful - it will require more trust than I've been able to muster up lately, and more stubborn prayers than I know how to pray, but it's a journey that I wouldn't trade for the world.

No comments: