Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thoughts, Brooke & Zeway

For the past few months, I've been listening to Brooke Fraser. She has written a song about her journey to meet the child she sponsors in Rwanda, and the lyrics are incredibly beautiful - and true to what I'm feeling about Zeway.
I am on a plane across a distant sea//But I carry you in me//I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been//I will keep my word//I will tell them, Albertine.
I want the world to know of Ethiopia: her beauty and her people. Specifically, her children. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of Sintayehu, Burtukan, or Masresha. It amazed me at the immense joy these kids have - despite having very little - and the sincere gratefulness of even the smallest of gifts. I can't help wanting to share this - it is something that bubbles in and out of me in ways that affect my thinking, my prayers, and my words.

No comments: