Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ethiopia Bound

Today was the big day for eighteen of my friends! (yes, there are only 16 here - we couldn't find the Stetler's!) They are currently sitting in the Dulles airport in Washington D.C., waiting for their flight that will take them to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I am so full of excitement for them - and abit of sadness for myself. I woke up this morning, feeling the exact same way I felt last year at this time, when it was our team going, and it's a great feeling being able to be that excited for others. It was hard leaving the airport this morning, though, without getting on the plane with them. I know that I will be going soon enough, and for a much longer stay, but my heart is already in Ethiopia - and there's nothing that will cover that ache. However - it's a beautiful thing to be able to be on this end of the trip, praying for them, knowing exactly what the team in Zeway will be doing/experiencing, restaurants they will be eating at, people they will be meeting, kids they will be playing with. To be real honest, that's the coolest part of this whole thing for me - being able to pray for them as so many of them prayed for us last year when we were there.

So, here's to Alissa, Jon, Amy, Nancy, Caren, Meredith, Johnny, Jenny, Dan, Michelle, Jordanne, Jason, Kelsey, Eric, David, Holly, Julie, and Sara!

No comments: