Saturday, March 1, 2008

Random Musings

Support has been trickling in for the trip - hallelujah! It's exciting to see that after so much prep, so many conversations about wanting to go back, it's really happening! I'm not sure where I'm standing right now, but as soon as I find out, I'll post it! Thanks to all of you who have given to make this become reality! (and if you'd like to give, just let me know. :-)

On another note - I can't seem to be able to make decisions for the life of me. This is a relatively new thing for me, and it's really frustrating. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I have several huge things looming in front of me that I need to give answers for before too long. And every time I think about those things, I want to have someone else make the decision, and just live with that. I understand that many people live with this feeling their entire lives, and honestly, I don't know how. It has been completely paralyzing, and I'm so afraid of making the wrong choice. Take today: a friend and I were out shopping, and we stopped in at Panera to get something to drink. I got my cup, walked to the fountain machine, and froze. Not only did I not know what to get, I didn't want to get the wrong thing, in case that wasn't really what I wanted. Then someone walked up behind me, and the pressure to decide was on. I went with Dr. Pepper - a good, safe choice usually. Not today friends. I should have gotten the Mountain Dew.

I'm a bit screwy at present time. :-)

2 comments:

annaelyse said...

that's funny about freaking out about choices. usually that is a result of re-entry back into the states. i loved our 3.2 min convo last night. can we multiply that by like 20 sometime soon?

Unknown said...

I've always known you were a bit screwy. Do I need to advertise for you??