Thursday, June 12, 2008

Loved and Being Loved

Last night, my wonderful friends Jordanne and Katie planned an awesome going away party in my honor. Just because I'm me, I was hoping for a good handful of people, but didn't get my hopes up for a big group...and my expectations (or lack there of!) were blown out of the water! It seemed as though every time I turned around, several people had come in. It was a great night of being in community with each other, and by the end of the night, I felt loved beyond belief. People came and wrote me (what I'm sure are going to be) beautiful encouraging cards to take with me to Zeway. Some cards came with a general "read me whenever," while some came with explicit directions, such as "read 7 days after you step foot on Ethiopian soil." These cards make my heart beat with joy, knowing that they will be in my luggage until just the right moment: waiting to bring me encouragement and love from across the world. Things like this actually make me look forward to having a rough/lonely/discouraging day! Words cannot express the gratitude I feel towards my friends - people who know me, people who love me, and who desire to be part of this trip in such ways. God has truly blessed me with incredible friends.

Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God...We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. - 1 John 4:7, 16-17

1 comment:

annaelyse said...

God has truely blessed me with an incredible Becky! praise the lord for that one night in the new community bathroom! i love how within 10 min of meeting eachother, you were already talking about your heart for Africa. almost two years later...