Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Name Sake...

I've spent the last week in Arkansas with my two nieces (Cristina is almost 6, and Mackenzie is 1 1/2), who I love dearly, and make me laugh daily. You never know what will come out of their mouths, but you can bet money that it will most likely have to do with shoes or something pink. Every once in awhile, though, they'll say something that you shouldn't laugh at, but you have to. Monday night, we were sitting down to dinner. Mackenzie wandered over to the table, and started crying for her mom to pick her up. There is a "no holding kids during dinner" rule, to make sure that both parents get to actually eat. Her dad looked at her, and told her she needed to go play. After several rounds of this, Mackenzie got frustrated, looked at her dad, said "dammit!" and walked out of the room.

My sweet Mackenzie Jayne

No comments: